Social media sizes seem to change constantly. But, it’s not difficult if you consult this guide to it on all the common social media platforms! Get your social media image sizes for posts, cover photos, and videos for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, and many more networks in this guide.
Importance Of Social Media Sizes
There’s a tremendous opportunity for you to look professional, so make sure you’re familiar with the correct social media image sizes.
Instagram supports horizontally and vertically oriented images. It also still supports square images, which was what the platform knew when it first launched. This increases your brand’s options. But it also makes image dimensions a little trickier to go right. Follow these guidelines to make sure your images end up looking their best. Instagram profile photos are displayed at 110 x 100 pixels, but the image files are stored at 320 x 320 pixels. Even though the dimensions are in a square format, Instagram profile photos are displayed as a circle. so it’s important to get things right. For your profile picture, Keep in mind that this will be cropped as a circle, so be aware of any details that may be lost at the edges.
Instagram post sizes (feed photos)
• Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels. • Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels. • Square 1080 x 1080 pixels. • Recommended image size: Width of 1080 pixels, height between 566 and 1350 pixels.
Instagram Image Sizes (Carousel Photos)
• Instagram Carousel Photos Image Size: 1080 x 1080 Pixels. • Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels. • Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels. • Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels .
Instagram Image Size (Stories)
• Instagram Stories Image Size: 1080 x 1920 Pixels.
Instagram Image Sizes (Ads)
• Instagram Ads Image Sizes: 1080 x 1920 Pixels. • Instagram Stories ads: 1080 x 1920 pixels. • Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels. • Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels.
Instagram Video Sizes
• 1080 x 1920 Pixels
Recommended Instagram Image Sizes
• Instagram Profile picture: 320 x 320 pixels. • Instagram Shared photo: 1080 x 1080 pixels. • Instagram Shared video: 1080 pixels wide. • Instagram stories: 1080 x 1920 pixels | maximum 4 GB. • Minimum Instagram video: 600 x 600 pixels (square), 600 x 315 pixels (landscape), 600 x 750 pixels (portrait), 600 x 700 pixels (Carousel video dimensions). • Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds. • Minimum Instagram image ad: 500 pixels wide. • Instagram Ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square). • Instagram IGTV video: 1080 x 1920 pixels. • Supported image file types: PNG or JPG.
Note: For the profile picture, you will see a 110 x 110 pixels size on the mobile app. However, on a web browser, the Instagram resolution is slightly larger. This is why it is best to have bigger image sizes, around 180 x 180 pixels.
The way you present yourself on social media can influence how people perceive you and your brand. If you’re looking to network and build relationships on LinkedIn, your photo is the key to your personality and professional presence. So if you’re still hiding behind a Grey mask (the default picture), you might as well forget about those professional relationships. Similarly, if you’re managing a company page or even running a LinkedIn group, your images set the tone for your brand. Without professional images and photos, your customers and clients are less likely to take you seriously. But, getting your visuals to look good on LinkedIn can be confusing (or even frustrating!) when you don’t know the right guidelines. In this guide, we share the various image sizes and dimensions you need for all your images across LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Image Size (Profile Photo)
• LinkedIn Profile Photo Image Size: 400 x 400 Pixels Although the recommended image size for a LinkedIn profile photo is 400 x 400 pixels, the platform can accommodate pictures up to 7680 x 4320 pixels.
LinkedIn Image Size (Profile Cover Photo)
• LinkedIn Profile Cover Photo Image Size: 1584 x 396 Pixels LinkedIn Profile Cover Photos recommended image size is 1584 x 396 pixels with an aspect ratio of 4:1. Since LinkedIn cover photos are cropped differently on desktop & mobile, view your profile on both devices before finalizing your cover photo.
LinkedIn Company Pages Image Sizes
• Logo image size: 300 x 300 pixels. • Page cover image size: 1128 x 191 pixels. • Life tab main image size: 1128 x 376 pixels. • Life tab custom modules image size: 502 x 282 pixels. • Life tab company photos image size: 900 x 600 pixels. • Square logo size: 60 x 60 pixels (atleast).
LinkedIn Stories Image Size
1080 x 1920 Pixels The recommended image size for LinkedIn stories is 1080 x 1920 pixels, with an aspect ratio of 9:16. The supported file types are JPG & PNG.
LinkedIn Images Size (Blog Post Link)
• LinkedIn Blog Post Link Images Size: 1200 x 627 Pixels (recommended).
LinkedIn Images Size (Ads)
• LinkedIn Ads Image Sizes: 1080 x 1920 Pixels.
The recommended image sizes for LinkedIn ads
• Company logo size for ads: 100 x 100 pixels. • Spotlight ads logo size: 100 x 100 pixels. • Sponsored content images size: 1200 x 627 pixels (1.91:1 aspect ratio). • Sponsored content carousel images size: 1080 x 1080 pixels (1:1 aspect ratio).
LinkedIn Image Sizes Cheat Sheet
LinkedIn Company pages
• Company logo: 300 x 300 pixels. • Company cover photo: 1128 x 191 pixels. • Dynamic Ads: 100 x 100 pixels (company logo). • Sponsored Content image: 1200 x 627 pixels. • Hero Image: 1128 x 376 pixels. • Company Banner image: 646 x 220 pixels. • Supported image file types: PNG, JPG or GIF.
LinkedIn Personal pages
• LinkedIn Profile picture: 400 x 400 pixels. • LinkedIn Background photo: 1584 x 396 pixels. • LinkedIn Post image: 1200 x 1200 pixels (square) 1080 x 1350 pixels (portrait). • LinkedIn Link post: 1200 x 628 pixels. • LinkedIn Video: 256 x 144 pixels (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 pixels (maximum). • Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes.
The platform sees an average of 151 and 185 million users searching monthly. It encompasses a broad collection of content which is an excellent opportunity to get your videos in front of a large & growing global audience. Marketers need to meet the video requirements to perform well on YouTube and stand out in the crowd.
Here are YouTube’s current image and video sizes
YouTube Image Size (Profile Photo)
• YouTube Profile Photo Image Size: 800 x 800 Pixels The recommended image size for a YouTube profile photo is 165 x 165 pixels. For best results, make sure the focus of your photo is centered.
YouTube Image Size (Banner)
• YouTube Banner Image Size: 2048 x 1152 Pixels The recommended image size for the YouTube banner is 2048 x 1152 with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The maximum file size allowed is 6MB.
YouTube Image Size (Video Thumbnail)
• YouTube Video Thumbnail Image Size: 1280 x 720 Pixels The recommended image size for the YouTube video thumbnail is 1280 x 720 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
Recommended YouTube Image Sizes
• Channel header image: 2560 x 1440 pixels (for desktop), 1855 x 423 pixels (for tablets), 1546 x 423 pixels (for smartphones), and 2560 x 1440 pixels (for TV). • YouTube Display ads: 300 x 50 pixels. • YouTube Overlay ads: 480 x 70 pixels. • YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250 pixels. • YouTube Skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds. • YouTube Non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended). • YouTube Channel profile photo: 800 x 800 pixels. • YouTube Video Thumbnail: 1280 x 720 pixels.
Facebook updates its design and image dimensions constantly. The best strategy to future-proof your brand’s content is to always upload the highest-quality image you can. Stick to Facebook’s recommended file formats for the best results.
Here are Facebook post sizes and video size dimensions
Facebook image size (profile photo)
• Facebook profile picture will display at 170 x 170 pixels on desktop. But it will display as 128 x 128 pixels on smartphones.
Facebook image sizes (cover photos)
851 x 315 pixels (recommended)
• Display size desktop: 820 x 312 pixels. • Display size smartphone: 640 x 360 pixels. • Minimum size: 400 x 150 pixels. • Ideal file size: Less than 100KB. The recommended image size for Facebook cover photos is 820 x 315 pixels for desktops & 640 x 360 pixels for smartphones
Facebook timeline photo and post sizes
Facebook automatically resizes and formats your photos when they are uploaded for the timeline to be 500 pixels wide and to fit the 1.91:1 aspect ratio. But avoid pixelation or slow load times by remembering these sizes: • Recommended size: 1200 x 630 pixels. • Minimum size: 600 x 315 pixels. Tips: If you are sharing 2-10 images in your brand’s Facebook post using the carousel display, images should be 1200 x 1200. This is a 1:1 ratio.
Facebook event cover photo image sizes
1200 x 628 pixels (recommended)
Tips: • This is about a 2:1 ratio. • The size of your event cover photo can’t be edited after it’s been added to an event.
Facebook image sizes for panorama or 360 photos
• Minimum image size: Facebook says that it should be “30,000 pixels in any dimension, and less than 135,000,000 pixels in total size.” • Aspect ratio: 2:1. Tips: • Facebook automatically recognizes and processes these images based on “camera-specific metadata found in photos taken using 360-ready devices.” • Files for these Facebook images can be up to 45 MB for JPEGs or 60 MB for PNGs. • Facebook recommends using JPEGs for 360 photos and ensuring files aren’t bigger than 30 MB.
Facebook image sizes for Facebook Stories
1080 x 1920 pixels (recommended)
Tips: • Facebook Stories take up the full screen of a phone. That’s an aspect ratio of 9:16. • Don’t choose an image with a width smaller than 500 pixels. • For Stories with text, consider leaving 14% of the top and bottom text-free. (That’s 250 pixels.) That way any call-to-action won’t be covered by your brand’s profile photo.
Facebook image sizes (Ads)
• Sizes for Facebook Feed ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 600 x 600 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Sizes for Facebook Right Column ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 254 x 133 pixels. Ratio 1:1. (Remember: These are a desktop-only ad format.) • Facebook image sizes for Instant Articles: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Image sizes for Facebook Marketplace ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Image sizes for Facebook Search: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Minimum size 600 x 600 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Facebook image sizes for Sponsored Messages: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1.91:1 to 1:1. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Sizes for Messenger inbox ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 1:1. Minimum size 254 x 133 pixels. Maximum file size of 30 MB. • Sizes for Messenger Stories ads: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels. Ratio 9:16. Minimum width of 500 pixels.
This app accommodates vertical videos, which is suitable for those with mobile-first content strategies. If you are looking to reach this audience, it’s important to know the correct image sizes for TikTok.
TikTok Video Maximum Size
• If you upload the video from an Android device on TikTok, then you can upload videos up to 72 MB. If you upload videos from iOS devices, then you can upload videos up to 287.6 MB.
Length Of TikTok Videos 10 minutes
• TikTok expanded the maximum video length to 10 minutes from 3 minutes. You can also use captions in TikTok videos.
TikTok Video Dimensions
1080 x 1920 Pixels
• Mostly, vertical videos are preferred on TikTok. You can also upload horizontal videos if you want. TikTok video dimensions should be 1080 x 1920 pixels, and the video must use the entire canvas. Your TikTok video should have a margin of 150 pixels from the top and bottom and 64 pixels from the left and right sides. TikTok supports an aspect ratio of 9:16. The file has to be in a .mp4 or a .mov file format.
Recommended TikTok Image Sizes
• TikTok Profile photo size: 20 x 20 px (minimum), JPG, PNG. • TikTok Video size: 1080 x 1920, maximum 10 minutes. • TikTok In-feed Ad Video aspect ratio: 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9. • TikTok Video Ads size: 720 x 1280 px, 640 x 640 px, 1280 x 720 px.
Striking images are the key to making your Tweets stand out in a Twitter newsfeed. So, choosing the right images and creating visual content for Twitter matters. And, of course, that includes getting Twitter image sizes right.
Here are Twitter’s current image and video sizes
Twitter image sizes for profile photos
400 x 400 (recommended)
• Minimum image size: 200 by 200 pixels. • Maximum file size: 2MB.
Twitter header photo size
1500 x 500 pixels (recommended)
Tips: • To future-proof the image, it’s best to use the maximum size. • Header images are cropped to an aspect ratio of 3:1. • Keep in mind that the way header images display changes depending on the monitor and browser being used.
Twitter images sizes for in-stream photos
1600 x 900 pixels (recommended)
• Minimum size: 600 by 335 pixels. • Recommended aspect ratio: any aspect between 2:1 and 1:1 on desktop; 2:1, 3:4 and 16:9 on mobile. • Supported formats: GIF, JPG, and PNG. • Maximum file size: Up to 5MB for photos and GIFs on mobile. Up to 15MB on the web.
Twitter image sizes (Ads)
• Single and multi-image tweets: Minimum 600 x 335 pixels, but use larger images for the best results. • Website card image: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 800 for 1:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 20MB. • App card image: 800 x 800 pixels for 1:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB. • Carousels: 800 x 800 pixels for 1:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 20MB for 2-6 image cards. • Direct Message card: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB. • Conversation card: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB.
Add a Comment